What is a Volcano?
Explore the Space Place page "What is a Volcano?".
Have students answer the following questions in small groups and share with the class.
- What did you see in the first volcano image?
- What did you see in the second volcano image?
- What did you see in the third volcano image?
- How are the three images different?
- How are the three images similar?
- Review the introductory information provided in "What is a Volcano?" available from NASA's Space Place to answer the following question.
- What are the three ways magma can reach the surface of Earth?
Teachers who are interested in receiving the answer key, please contact MND from your school email address at email@example.com.