Tropical Cyclone Count Bar/Column Chart
- Which color shows areas that have not had any hurricanes?
- Which shade shows areas with the most hurricanes?
- On the blank map, draw a box around the area between 60֯ and 65֯ East and 10֯ - 20֯ North.
- Create a double bar/column chart using the data provided. For the first set of bars, graph the number of hurricanes at 60֯ East for the latitudes between 10֯ North and 20֯ North. For the second set of bars, graph the number of hurricanes at 65֯ East for the latitudes between 10֯ North and 20֯ North.
- What was the total number of tropical cyclones at each latitude between 60֯ and 65֯ East?
- Which latitude had the highest number of tropical cyclones between 60֯ and 65֯ East?
- How many more tropical cyclones were at 14֯ N than at 15֯ N between 60֯ and 65֯ East?
- How many fewer tropical cyclones were at 11֯ N than at 10֯ N between 60֯ and 65֯ East?
Tropical cyclones are sometimes called hurricanes. Some areas of the world have more tropical cyclones that others. The number of tropical cyclones from 1842-2018 is shown on the map below.
Teachers who are interested in receiving the answer key, please contact MND from your school email address at email@example.com.