Energy and Matter: Water Cycle: Heating the Ocean (2012)
Review the NASA video below.
Answer the following questions:
- What is the water cycle?
- What drives the movement of air and water in the Earth System?
- Where does this visualization begin in the water cycle?
- Describe what happens to the sun's heat as you progress through the video.
- How does the Sun and the Hydrosphere's oceans interact in this video?
- Describe what happens in the night to the ocean with respect to energy.
- Describe what happens to the land's temperature over the course of the day and night.
This is the first of a four-part series on the water cycle. The other videos are available online:
The Water Cycle: Following The Water:
The Water Cycle: Steaming The Air:
The Water Cycle: Watering The Land
Teachers who are interested in receiving the answer key, please contact MND from your school email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.