Energy and Matter: Dust Transport (Student Activity)
- Review the following questions before watching the video. Then watch and observe for the answers.
- Where does the dust originate or come from? What is special about the location of where the dust originates?
- Where does the dust travel to? What is special about this location?
- How does the dust get from one place to the other?
- What NASA satellite collects the data?
- What is special about the way that the data are collected and displayed by this satellite?
- How are the geosphere and the biosphere connected in this example?
- Play the video at least once.
Teachers, these mini lessons/student activities are perfect "warm up" tasks that can be used as a hook, bellringer, exit slip, etc.
Teachers who are interested in receiving the answer key, please contact MND from your school email address at email@example.com. We verify that requestors are teachers prior to sending access to the answer keys as we’ve had many students try to pass as teachers to gain access. To receive the keys please provide the following:
- The link to the school/institution’s teacher directory where you are employed so we can verify that you are a teacher
- Ensure that the school email address is provided in your response as we are unable to send to personal email accounts