Chlorophyll and Net Radiation
Play the animation of seasonal chlorophyll concentration and net radiation, and then answer the following questions.
- Review the color bar scale for net radiation. What do the colors mean?
- Review the color bar scale for chlorophyll concentration. What do the colors mean?
- In the Northern Hemisphere, what are the values for net radiation during the spring and fall?
- List the value of net radiation in the Northern Hemisphere during the summer, then list the value of net radiation in the Northern Hemisphere during winter. What do you notice?
- Which two seasons experience a greater difference in net radiation values? Fall and spring or summer and winter?
- What patterns do you observe between net radiation and chlorophyll concentration?
- Which regions of the world experience both the extreme highs and lows for both net radiation and chlorophyll concentration?
- Which regions do not experience these extremes?