Introduction to Volcanic Ash
The natural-color image above was acquired on July 27, 2018, by the the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) on Suomi NPP. Credit: NASA Earth Observatory/Lauren Dauphin
- Watch the NASA video: Fire, Ice, and Safer Skies: NASA Satellites Track Volcanic Clouds which describes hazards of volcanic emissions.
- Why are volcanic emissions a problem?
- What is NASA tracking to try to help predict emissions?
- Watch this video about aerosols.
- Identify different sources of aerosols.
- What are the effects of aerosols?
- How does NASA study aerosols?