Scientifically-Interesting Story of Albedo Values in the Cryosphere
Are you looking for a storyline to use with your students that features NASA data that addresses how changes in the Cryosphere are quantified? Consider using the following resources in your classroom today!
- Earth as a System
Supported NGSS Performance Expectations
- MS-ESS2-1: Develop a model to describe the cycling of Earth's materials and the flow of energy that drives this process.
- MS-ESS2-6: Develop and use a model to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates.
- HS-ESS2-2: Analyze geoscience data to make the claim that one change to Earth's surface can create feedbacks that cause changes to other Earth systems.
- HS-ESS2-4: Use a model to describe how variations in the flow of energy into and out of Earth’s systems result in changes in climate.
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
- ESS2A: Earth Materials and Systems
NGSS Science and Engineering Practices
- Developing and Using Models
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Cause and Effect
- Scale, Proportion, and Quantity
- Stability and Change