How the 2015-2016 El Niño Triggered Outbreaks Across the Globe
Read an article (or show the video below) explaining a NASA study examining the effects of the 2015-2016 El Niño on health around the world.
The article 2015-2016 El Niño triggered disease outbreaks across globe also includes a video. Answer the questions about the information presented.
- Name at least two of the datasets used for the study.
- What diseases spiked in Colorado and New Mexico?
- What disease was studied in Tanzania?
- What disease was studies in Brazil and Southeast Asia?
- What are the links between the diseases and El Nino?
- Name at least one thing that can be done to help minimize the disease impacts of an El Niño event.
Students will read an article and/or watch a video clip about the effects of El Niño. They will then answer questions about the phenomenon and its effects on global health.