How the 2015-2016 El Niño Triggered Outbreaks Across the Globe
Students will read an article and/or watch a video clip about the effects of El Niño. They will then answer questions about the phenomenon and its effects on global health.
Read an article (or show the video below) explaining a NASA study examining the effects of the 2015-2016 El Niño on health around the world.
The article 2015-2016 El Niño triggered disease outbreaks across globe also includes a video. Answer the questions about the information presented.
- Name at least two of the datasets used for the study.
- What diseases spiked in Colorado and New Mexico?
- What disease was studied in Tanzania?
- What disease was studies in Brazil and Southeast Asia?
- What are the links between the diseases and El Nino?
- Name at least one thing that can be done to help minimize the disease impacts of an El Niño event.