Earth's Heating Imbalances - Student Activity
Locate the degrees latitude on the map. Find their corresponding values on the graph.
- Analyze the graph below. Describe the energy received at the Equator. How does it change over the year? What do the blue lines (23.5 degrees N, 45 degrees N, 60 degrees N) represent? What do the green lines (23.5 degrees S, 45 degrees S, 60 degrees S) represent?
- Describe the shading of the green (23.5 degrees S, 45 degrees S, 60 degrees S) and blue lines (23.5 degrees N, 45 degrees N, 60 degrees N) and their values.
- Describe the relationship among the blue and green lines and the cause of these values/patterns.
Teachers, these mini-lessons/student activities are perfect "warm-up" tasks that can be used as a hook, bellringer, exit slip, etc.
Teachers who are interested in receiving the answer key, please contact MND from your school email address at email@example.com. We verify that requestors are teachers prior to sending access to the answer keys as we’ve had many students try to pass as teachers to gain access. To receive the keys please provide the following:
- The link to the school/institution’s teacher directory where you are employed so we can verify that you are a teacher
- Ensure that the school email address is provided in your response as we are unable to send to personal email accounts