Featured Phenomenon: Soil Moisture
Soil moisture is the water that is held in the spaces between soil particles, generally in the upper 10 cm of soil; this small amount of water plays a critical role in controlling the transfer of water and heat energy between Hydrosphere, Biosphere, and Geosphere.
My NASA Data provides you with a variety of resources, helping you to uncover this phenomenon with your students.
- The Scoop on Soils: Elementary GLOBE Storybook & Learning Activities, Grades 3-5
- Data Literacy Cube: Intermediate Graph Data using Soil Moisture Data, Grades 3-8
- Create Your Own Soil Profile Activity, Grades 3-8
- Behavior Over Time: Analyzing Seasonal Soil and Air Properties, Grades 6-12
- When Precipitation Patterns Change: Visualizing Drought Indicators (SERC), Grades 6-12