Sea and Land Ice Melt: GLOBE Overview
Scientists are currently collecting data associated with sea and land ice melt throughout the world. Using these data helps scientists study the factors affecting global climate.
- How will frost depth differ in different regions across the globe?
- What would cause the timing and depth of freezing in soils to change from one year to another?
- How does the depth of freezing affect vegetation phenology in a particular region?
- Is there any relationship between the freezing of the ground and freshwater ice seasonality?
- What are other parts of the ecosystem affected by the timing and depth of soil freezing?
- What factors are affecting frost depth and the extent of snow/ice in the polar areas?