Hurricane Dynamics: GLOBE Overview
Tropical cyclones, or hurricanes, are severe weather events that can be very destructive and even deadly. GLOBE students can make measurements before and after these storms to help study the impacts. It is not safe to make measurements during a storm.
- Can you predict the arrival of a tropical cyclone using barometric pressure?
- What is the impact of a tropical cyclone on local soil moisture?
- How does a tropical cyclone impact the land cover in an area?
- Is there a relationship between the amount of precipitation and the soil moisture for a long period of time?
- Can you predict the arrival of a tropical cyclone using cloud observations?
- How do tropical cyclones impact water quality?