Changes in Land Surface/Land Use Change: GLOBE Protocols and Data Sheets
Interested in collecting data about the featured phenomenon at your school? Visit this page to explore GLOBE protocols (data collection procedures) and student datasheets that support your students' investigations.
Biometry: Measure and classify the plant life present at a Land Cover Sample Site to help determine the MUC classification.
- Graminoid, Biomass Data Sheet
- Land Cover Investigation Measure Tree Height on Slope Stand by Tree
- Land Cover Investigation Measure Tree Height on a Slope- Two-Triangle with Eyes Higher or Lower than Tree Base Technique Data Sheet
- Land Cover Investigation Measure Tree Height on Level Ground- Simplified Clinometer Technique Data Sheet
- Measure Tree Height on Ground Level Data Sheet
- Tree and-or Shrub Canopy and Ground Cover Data Sheet
- Tree circumference Data Sheet
Land Cover Classification: Determine the major land cover type at a Land Cover Sample Site.
Soil Characterization: Students will identify horizons in a soil profile, observe the structure, color, consistency, texture, and the presence of rocks, roots, and carbonates of each horizon, and take samples for use in laboratory characterization protocols.
- Bulk Density Data Sheet
- Soil Fertility Data Sheet
- Soil Particle Density Data Sheet
- Soil Particle Size Distribution Data Sheet
- Soil Site Definition Sheet